Smart911 allows the public to create a FREE Safety Profile with their phone numbers and enter their address, medical, disability and other information they want 9-1-1 to have. Approximately 75 percent of all 9-1-1 calls are made from wireless phones that only provide the general location of the caller, not an exact address. Smart911 is able to share important information with responders even if the caller cannot. Whether you live, work or travel in Snohomish County we encourage the public to consider creating a security profile.
To sign up, click on the following link: Smart 911
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
· What is Smart911 and how does it work?
· Is the Information Secure?
· Does the safety profile only work in an area served by SNOPAC?
· Why are you implementing this now?
· What other communities have implemented this program and how has it worked for them?
· How long does it take someone to create a Safety Profile with Smart911?
· Can more than one family member be registered from one phone?
· Will this system speed up response times?
· How often does this system need to be updated?
· Does the public have to create a safety profile?