Welcome to Snohomish County Fire District #22
Home of the Getchell BulldoProudly Serving the communities of:
  Getchell, SiscoHeights and Lake Cassidy Area

RWelcome to Snohomish County Fire District #22

Home of the Getchell Bulldogs
Proudly Serving the communities of:
  Getchell, Sisco
Heights and Lake Cassidy Area

BURN BAN IN EFFECT, NO OUTDOOR BURNING ALLOWED.  Small campfires in an approved fire pit for recreational purposes is allowed.

Are you Fire Wise? (The following information if from firewise.org.)  With the dry weather and continued forcasts of dry weather we need to ensure that we have defensible spaces around our homes and buildings.  Even on the west side of the mountains it is just as important as the east side of the state.

Wildfire Preparedness


emberFind out what the experts know about the best way to make your home and neighborhood safer from wildfire. From the basics of defensible space and sound landscaping techniques to research on how homes ignite (and what you can do about it), there are tips, tools and teachings you can use!

Share your knowledge with others using our Firewise Toolkit tip sheets, our Communicators’ Guide, or our videos and Public Service Announcements (PSAs).

Subscribe to our free monthly newsletter
Fire Break, our free, monthly newsletter will keep you up to date on the latest news and information on mitigating your wildfire risk. Subscribe today or read archived issues.

Cllick on the bold font to view the link.

Burn Ban Notice


This restriction bans outdoor burning.


Burn Ban Status  
Carbon Monoxide *New*

What is carbon monoxide?

  • CO, often called "the silent killer," is a gas you cannot see, taste, or smell. It can be created when fossil fuels, such as kerosene, gasoline, coal, natural gas, propane, methane or wood do not burn properly.

Where does carbon monoxide come from? 

  • CO poisoning can result from faulty furnaces or other heating appliances, portable generators, water heaters, clothes dryers or cars left running in garages.

What are the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning? 

  • Symptoms of CO poisoning include headache, nausea and drowsiness. Exposure to undetected high levels of carbon monoxide can be fatal.

For more information on the dangers of CO poisoning, visit the FEMA website HERE.

Understand the new Washington State laws regarding carbon monoxide alarms.  Requires Adobe Reader available as a free download HERE.

Fire Prevention

Facts About Cooking Fires

  • Cooking is the leading cause of residential building fires and residential building fire injuries.
  • Between 2008-2010, cooking accounted for 45 percent of residential building fires responded to by fire departments.
  • Ninety-four percent of residential cooking fires are confined fires that result in little or no loss.
  • Males face a disproportionate risk of cooking fire injury relative to the amount of cooking they do.
  • Young children and older adults face a higher risk of death from cooking fires than do other age groups.
  • Young children are at high risk from non-fire cooking-related burns.
  • Unattended cooking is the leading factor contributing to cooking fires.
  • Many other cooking fires begin because combustibles are too close to cooking heat sources.
  • Frying is the cooking method posing the highest risk.
  • More than half of the home cooking injuries occur when people try to fight the fire themselves.
  • Educational effectiveness may be enhanced by linking burn prevention and fire prevention.
  • Technology may be the best long-term solution to dealing with the cooking fire problem.

For more information on the mitigation of cooking fires, go HERE.

Free Smoke Alarms

We are pleased to offer free smoke detectors to the residents we serve. If you are in need of a smoke detector, please do not hesitate to contact us.


Smoke Alarms
Picture Gallery
Website Search
Stay up to date!
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Visitor Polls
Why are you visiting our webpage?
Contact Information
Snohomish County Fire District 22
8424 99th Ave NE
Arlington, Wa 98223
Non-Emergency: 360-659-6400
Emergency: 911
Fax: 360-659-1129